IMessage waiting for activation is one of the common errors Apple users encounter, especially after the iOS9 update. Fortunately, there are simple solutions to the “Facetime waiting for activation” error, which is common on Apple devices. If you are getting an iMessage activation error, you are in the right place for a solution. In the rest of this content, information about the best solution methods for “iphone waiting for activation” error will be given.
What is waiting for activation iMessage error?
iMessage not activating is the error that prevents the activation of applications such as Facetime and iMessage on Apple devices after the iOS 9 update. Recently, Apple users have started to research “message says waiting for activation” a lot on the internet.
Waiting for activation iphone (how to fix)
There are many good methods for solving “İphone says waiting for activation” error. Now I will inform you about the best solutions for the iMessage activate error.
Method 1-Restart iMessage and FaceTime
It will be a bit of a classic method, but the simplest way to solve the “Facetime/imessages waiting for activation” error is to restart the applications. Follow the steps below to solve the iphone iMessage waiting for activation error and restart the applications;
- Enter the “Settings” menu on your Apple device.
- Click on the “Messages” menu.
- Close the IMessage app.
- Close Facetime as well.
- After these steps, restart your Apple device.
- When the device is turned on, activate the Facetime and Imessage applications in the settings section in the same way.
After these procedures, the “iMessage and facetime waiting for activation” error will most likely be resolved. If the “facetime says waiting for activation” error still persists even though you have tried the restart method, then try the methods below as well.
Method 2-Sign out of your Apple ID and sign back in
If the “message error activation” error is not resolved after restarting your device, it’s time to try the second method. Sign out of your Apple device with your Apple ID and sign back in. Follow the steps below to log out of Apple ID and log in again;
- Go to “Settings” on your Apple device.
- Scroll down to the “Send & Receive” section.
- Here you will see the ID section where you log into your Apple device. Click on this section and sign out of your Apple ID.
- In the meantime, make sure that iMessage and Wi-Fi and Celluar Data applications are turned off,
- After this process, go back to the IMessage section. Sign in again with your Apple ID in the “Send & Receive” section.
After these actions, check if the “Imessage/facetime waiting activation” error persists. If the second method also did not solve the “Facetime/imessage on iphone waiting for activation” error, then let’s move on to the next methods.
Method 3-Is your phone number in the contact list? Check!
This method is one of the best solution methods for “iphone waiting for activation messages” error. For this, your number must be in the contact list in order for the iMessage and Facetime applications to work on your Apple device. Your phone number is listed at the top of your contact list and is listed as “My number”. If you do not have a number in your contact list, follow the steps below to add it;
- Go to “Settings” on your Apple device,
- Then add your phone number by following the “Phone-My Number” options.
I also tried this method, but if you say Facetime/imessage will not activate, then let’s move on to the next methods.
Method 4- Verify time/date
If you couldn’t solve the imessage send and receive waiting for activation error with the first 3 methods above, time and date verification can help you solve this error. If the date and time on your phone are not verified and are incorrect, it could be the cause of the problem. It’s not the best solution, but I still think it’s worth a try. To do this, go to Settings-Date and Time Settings of your device and select “Automatic”.
Method 5-Turn airplane mode off and on
If you still get iMessage activation unsucessful error after trying the above methods, then you can also try turning airplane mode off and on. Follow the steps below for this method;
- Go to “Messages” in “Settings” of your device.
- Close Facetime and iMessage apps.
- Activate airplane mode from the control center of your device. While doing this, you should also disable the internet connection.
- Turn off airplane mode and restart your phone.
- Connect to the internet after your phone is turned on,
- Activate IMessage from Settings-Messages.
- In this section, you may receive a warning saying “Your carrier may charge for SMS”. Accept and continue.
- After keeping the IMessage application closed for a while, open it again.
Did this method not work? Still got “i message waiting for activation” error? Then the only option is to try the last method. Let’s move on to the last method.
Method 6-Reset your Apple device settings
If you tried all the options above but still say iMessage not activated, the only option left is to reset your Apple device’s settings. This method does not reset phone data. Resetting the settings will not cause data loss on the phone. However, you may need to re-adjust the settings you have created before, such as date and time, ringtones.
Follow the steps below for “activating iMessage” final method;
- Go to iPhone Settings -> General -> Reset All Settings, respectively.
- Reset all settings from here.
- Restart your phone and check if the “iMessage activating” error persists.
Why is my imessage not activating?
Have you tried all the methods but the problem persists? I suggest you also try the following;
- Make sure you are using the latest version of iOS. Update your phone if it is not the latest version.
- It may be an error caused by the operator services. You can try to resolve the issue by contacting your carrier.
- Finally, you can contact the Apple support line and report the problem.
I tried to give information about the solution methods of the “iMessage/Facetime activation error” error. If you have a question about how to activate imessages, you can ask in the comment section below. You can visit our “Technology” category for current technology news.