Connection problem or invalid mmi code is a common problem on android devices. If you are also experiencing the “invalid code mmi” problem on your phone, you are at the right place for a solution. In the rest of our article, information about what is mmi code will be given. I will also share the “mmi code invalid” error solution methods with you.
What is a mmi code?
First of all, let’s get into the subject with the answer to the question of what is the mmi code that everyone is curious about. MMI code is actually the codes that we all use most of the time. These are the codes that start with the * (asterisk) key and end with the #( hash) key and allow us to enter commands on our phone. It consists of the expansion of the words MMI (Man-Machine interface code). An MMI code example is *#06#. As you know, when you enter this code on your phone, we can learn the imei number of our phone.
What is a invalid mmi code?
As I explained above under the topic of what is an mmi code, MMI codes are the codes that allow us to enter commands on our phone in a short way. If you are entering a wrong code, you will get an “invalid mmi code android” error. If you are still getting the Connection Problem or Invalid MMI Code error even though you entered the code correctly, you can try the methods below for the solution.
How to fix mmi invalid code error?
There are several reasons for “Connection Problem or Invalid MMI Code” error. Usually the root cause of this error is sim card authentication related reasons. It is a common error, especially in phones with dual sim cards. There are many methods to resolve this error. Now I will share with you the solution methods of the error from the simplest to the most difficult.
1-Restart your device
The simplest and quickest method for the “Connection Problem or Invalid MMI Code” error is to restart the phone. For this;
- Press the phone’s power button and home button simultaneously until you feel the vibration on the phone.
- Another option is to press the power button until you see the shutdown options on the screen and restart your phone by clicking the “Restart” option.
2-Put your phone in safe mode
For this process,
- Boot your device in safe mode. Press and hold the power button on your Android device.
- Then the “Safe Mode” option will appear on the screen. Switch to this mode and use your phone in safe mode for a while.
Check if you are getting the “Invalid MMI code” error while using your phone in safe mode. If you are not getting this error while using your phone in safe mode, the source of the error is any application. In this case, uninstall the most recently installed apps in order. Restart your phone after uninstalling each app and check if the error persists. If the error is caused by an application, the error will be gone when you uninstall the application.
3-Put your phone in airplane mode
If you have tried the above two methods but did not get results, you can try to put your phone in airplane mode.
- Put your phone in airplane mode.
- Wait 30-40 seconds after putting it in airplane mode.
- Sometimes the “Invalid MMI Code” issue can be caused by a weak connection. Putting it in airplane mode and then removing it again can sometimes resolve the error.
4-Reset your phone’s network settings
MMI code problem may occur due to a problem in the cellular connection of the phone. Therefore, resetting the cellular connection settings can provide the solution to the error. For this;
- Go to “settings” on your Android device.
- From here, enter the “General Management” section.
- At the bottom you will see the “Reset” section. Click here and reset all settings.
- After this process, your phone will reboot. If the MMI code error is caused by the cellular connection, the error will be gone when the phone restarts.
5-Change MMI code
Another way to fix the “invalid mmi code att” error is to change the code. Adding a comma to the end of the code helps to execute the code and force it to be fixed if there is an error. For example, you can try using the code ( *2904*7# ) with a comma at the end like this ( *2904*7#, ).
In this article, I tried to give information about how to fix mmi code. I hope this article helped you understand what is mmi code used for. If you have any questions, you can ask them in the comment section.